HIGH ENERGY PRE-WORKOUT
PERFORMANCE / FOCUS / EUPHORIA
|*Multi-phase strength and endurance enhancement|
|*May assist with exercise intensity and alertness|
|*May assist with cognition, memory and mental focus|
|*May assist with blood flow, nutrient delivery and muscle cell volume|
|*May assist with lipolysis and fatty acid oxidation|
|*May assist with feelings of well-being and euphoria|
Pre-workout performance: 1/2-1 scoop 15-20 min. pre-workout
Pre-cardio performance and fat loss: 1/2 scoop 15-20 min. pre-cardio
Energy drink or coffee replacement: 1/3-1 scoop, sipped over an hour
- The most widely studied and supported form of creatine on the market.
- Rapidly replenishes cellular energy (adenosine triphosphate; ATP) for increased strength, powder and endurance.
- Increases intracellular fluid for enhanced hydration and muscle protein synthesis.
- Possesses neuroprotective and cardioprotective properties.
- Creatine should be dosed at 0.03 g/kg/day. For a 180 lb (82 kg) person, this translates to approximately 2.5 g/day.
- ALPHAGEN contains 2.5-5g creatine monohydrate per ½-1 scoop.
- The rate limiting amino acid in carnosine synthesis (when combined with histidine in the body, which is readily available).
- Carnosine acts as a buffer of acid in muscles, increasing physical performance and delaying fatigue.
- Beta-alanine can cause slight tingling of the extremities called paresthesia, which is a harmless side effect that quickly dissipates.
- Most common dosing is 1.6-3.2g/day, either all at once or in divided doses.
- ALPHAGEN contains 1.6-3.2g beta-alanine per ½-1 scoop.
- A metabolite of the amino acid L-arginine that inhibits nitric oxide synthase enzymes.
- Agmatine ingestion leads to elevated levels of nitric oxide (NO), which increases blood flow during training.
- Agmatine is commonly dosed between 750-1,500mg prior to activity.
- ALPHAGEN contains 750-1,500mg agmatine sulfate per ½-1 scoop.
- A nonessential amino acid that is used to make the catecholamine neurotransmitters dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine (adrenaline).
- Acts as an anti-stress compound for acute stressors such as strenuous exercise.While L-tyrosine is less water soluble than other forms of tyrosine (N-acetyl tyrosine, for example), it is more bioavailable in the body and thus raises plasma tyrosine levels up to 10x more than other forms of tyrosine.
- Tyrosine is commonly dosed between 500-2,000mg up to 60 minutes prior to activity.
- ALPHAGEN contains 500-1,000mg L-tyrosine per ½-1 scoop.
- Dimethylaminoethanol bitartrate (DMAE) is a nootropic (brain health and enhancement) compound which increases the neurotransmitter acetylcholine in the brain.
- DMAE is not to be confused with the stimulants DMAA or DMHA or otheir derivatives. DMAE is safe and not banned by athletic organizations.
- Used extensively in treating cognitive decline in populations such as the aging and those with Alzheimer’s by increasing blood and oxygen flow as well as glucose uptake in the brain.
- Enhances cognition, focus and memory.
- DMAE is commonly dosed in the range of 300-1,500mg/day and may be equally effective at the lower end of dosing when paired with Huperzine A.
- ALPHAGEN contains 375-750mg DMAE bitartrate per ½-1 scoop.
- Derived from the velvet bean plant and is a rich source of L-DOPA, the precursor to dopamine and eventually adrenaline.
- Dopamine plays a major role in reward-motivated behavior, similar to (albeit to a lesser degree) drugs such as cocaine, which make the user feel energetic, happy, and increases their ability to undertake stressful tasks. Dopamine is also involved in motor control.
- L-DOPA has been shown to increase circulating dopamine levels in doses up to 735mg/day.
- ALPHAGEN contains 750mg mucuna pruriens (98% L-DOPA) per scoop, providing 367-735mg per ½-1 scoop.
- Caffeine is often used to improve physical strength and endurance as well as provide mental stimulation.
- Widely studied for safety and efficacy and most people tolerate it well on a spectrum of dosing. Caution should always be used and dosing should be slowly increased over time as needed for desired effects.
- Caffeine’s half-life is 2.5-4.5 hours so novel, time-released forms of caffeine are generally not necessary.
- Dosing should be approximately 200mg for fat-burning and 4-6mg/kg BW acutely for increasing strength and power output. For a 180 lb (82 kg) person, this translates to approximately 330-500mg prior to exercise.
- ALPHAGEN contains 200-400mg caffeine anhydrous per ½-1 scoop.
- The primary “feel good” compound in chocolate, theobromine is a cocoa extract that may provide cardiovascular and cognitive benefits through improved blood flow and antioxidant effects as well as energy production.
- Increases exercise performance, muscle contractile force, blood flow, alertness, mood enhancement, and metabolic rate.
- Theobromine is commonly dosed between 50-200mg prior to activity.
- ALPHAGEN contains 100-200mg theobromine 99% per ½-1 scoop.
- The relaxing amino acid found in tea, theanine promotes relaxation without sedation; it helps you stay calm without making you tired or drowsy.
- Reduces stress and improves attention.
- Theanine helps take off the ‘edge’ of many stimulants, and a synergistic effect is seen when coupled with caffeine in promoting cognition and attention.
- Theanine is commonly dosed between 100-200mg prior to activity.
- ALPHAGEN contains 100-200mg L-theanine per ½-1 scoop.
- A beta-agonist similar to ephedrine, albeit less potent.
- Increases metabolic rate and fat-burning and shows synergism with caffeine.
- Synephrine is not banned by WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency), has failed to cause false positive drug testing for amphetamines, and has been shown to be safe and free of most adverse side effects.
- 50mg synephrine when taken by healthy subjects at rest has been shown to increase caloric expenditure by 65kcal with no significant influence blood pressure or heart rate.
- Synephrine is commonly dosed at 10-20mg 3 x day, or 50mg acutely.
- ALPHAGEN contains 25-50mg synephrine HCL per ½-1 scoop.
- Hordenine (N,N-dimethyltyramine) is an adrenergic-like compound found in a variety of foods investigated for its fat-burning and stimulant effects.
- Hordenine is a noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor and prevents the breakdown of beta-agonists such as synephrine, making your preworkout or fat-burner last longer.
- Common doses are up to 200mg by itself and 50mg when paired with other stimulants. Higher doses have been shown to cause false positives for Morphine and related compounds.
- ALPHAGEN contains 25-50mg hordenine HCL per ½-1 scoop.
- Bioperine™ is the trademarked version of piperine, a black pepper extract that increases the absorption of various nutrients such as curcumin as well as inhibits the breakdown of fat-burning compounds such as caffeine and the catecholamines, prolonging the effects of preworkout stimulants and increasing their bioavailability.
- Piperine also reduces LDL cholesterol and plasma lipids while elevating HDL cholesterol and the thyroid hormones.
- Common dosing is 5-10mg for preworkout supplements and 20mg for curcumin containing products.
- ALPHAGEN contains 5-10mg Bioperine™ per ½-1 scoop.
- A nootropic molecule that inhibits the enzyme that breaks down the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. Huperzine makes choline sources work better for longer.
- Huperzine A is shown to work better than Rx drugs for this purpose and is also neuroprotective.
- Effective dosing is 50-300mcg, but because the long half-life of huperzine, consuming the top end of the dosing (300mcg) daily may cause huperzine to build up in the system, so a more moderate dose may be safer and just as effective.
- ALPHAGEN contains 100-200mcg huperzine A per ½-1 scoop.
Warnings: Not intended for use by persons under the age of 18. If you are pregnant or nursing or are taking any prescription medications, consult your health care professional before using this or any other dietary supplement product. Contact your health care professional before using this or any other dietary supplement product. Immediately discontinue use and consult your doctor if any adverse reactions occur. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. STORE IN A COOL, DRY PLACE AND AVOID EXCESSIVE HEAT. *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.