Looking for a healthier Halloween treat? Make these quick and easy Protein Rice Crispie Treats using PROTEGEN! We used our LONGJOHN (Maple Cream Donut) Flavor for a fall twist 🍁 but you can use any flavor you like!
- 3 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 1 16 oz. bag marshmallows
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 scoop PROTEGEN LongJohn
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 tube white store-bought icing
- 1 tube black store-bought icing
- Lightly grease an 8x8 inch baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- In a large pot, melt butter or coconut oil over medium-low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted completely. Then add vanilla extract and PROTEGEN to the melted marshmallows.
- Remove from heat and quickly add the crispy rice cereal and mix well until the cereal is well coated.
- Using a rubber spatula add the rice krispies marshmallow mixture to the prepared pan and push down slightly.
- Allow the rice krispies to sit at room temperature until set (approx 30 minutes). Cut into 16 pieces using a sharp knife.
- Decorate with icing and enjoy!