- Chromium is an essential mineral that regulates and improves the actions of insulin in the body, causing a mild decrease in fasting blood glucose.
- Chromium augments the signaling of insulin receptors by its effect on the protein chromodulin, which is necessary for the proper functioning of insulin.
- Mega-dosing chromium can lead to possible liver and kidney problems so supplements containing milligram quantities should be avoided.
- MorphoDRIVE contains 30mcg Chromax® Chromium Picolinate
- Cinnamon is a popular spice that exerts numerous beneficial biological effects on the body.
- Reduces the rate at which glucose enters the body, and improves glucose use inside cells.
- Prevents drastic blood sugar spikes, reduces fasting glucose and lowers cholesterol levels.
- Cassia cinnamon (common flavor spice) contains a vastly greater amount of Coumarin, which can be toxic to several organs in large quantities.
- Ceylon cinnamon contains neglible amounts of Coumarin and is recommended for supplement use.
- MorphoDRIVE contains 500mg Ceylon Cinnamon extract per serving.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid is involved in energy metabolism blood glucose metabolism as well as antioxidant activity.
- ALA reduces oxidation and inflammation, reversing some of the oxidative damage related to the effects of aging.
- Protects against heart diseases, liver diseases, diabetes, and neurological decline associated with aging.
- Standard dosages of ALA are 300-600mg, with little differentiation based on whether the racemic mixture of ALA (S- and R- isomers) orNa-R-ALA results in higher blood levels.
- MorphoDRIVE contains 300mg ALA per serving.
- Banaba (Lagerstroemia speciose) is a plant whose leaves have been used for anti-diabetic purposes. It contains a variety of molecules such as corosolic acid which may confer benefit to glucose control.
- It can inhibit uptake (digestion and absorption) of carbohydrates to a degree, and can also aid in their deposition into cells from the blood stream (resulting in a reduction in blood sugar).
- MorphoDRIVE contains 250mg Banaba extract (containing 20% corosolic acids) per serving.
- Berberine possesses anti-inflammatory and anti-diabetic effects. It can also improve intestinal health, lower cholesterol, and decrease systolic blood pressure.
- Shown to be as potent as the pharmaceutical drug Metformin at reducing blood glucose levels and biomarkers of Type II diabetes.
- Berberine is commonly dosed between 500-1,500mg per day in divided doses.
- Dihydroberine is up to 5x more potent than standard berberine, so a much smaller dose can be used.
- MorphoDRIVE contains 250mg GlucoVantage® Dihydroberberine per serving.
- AstraGin ® is a patented blend of highly purified saponins isolated from the Astragalus membranaceous and Panax notoginseng plant.
- Shown to dramatically increase the absorption and bioavailability of a variety of nutrients, such as peptides, amino acids, glucose, vitamins and minerals, phytonutrients, and various sports nutrition supplements.
- Supports the gut ecosystem by providing a favorable microbiome environment.
- Enhances the immune system.
- Recommended daily dose is 50mg per day.
- MorphoDRIVE contains 50mg AstraGin ® per serving.
- MorphoDRIVE contains a comprehensive full-spectrum carbohydrate specific digestive enzyme blend per serving.
- Alpha-Galactosidase: Helps break down the difficult to digest carbohydrates raffinose and stachyose, found in beans, and commonly lead to gas.
- Amylase: Breaks down longer chain carbohydrates, such as starches, into sugars.
- Cellulase: A plant enzyme that breaks down the cell walls of plant-based foods. Also releases beneficial polyphenols for better absorption.
- Glucoamylase: Compliments amylase by breaking longer chain carbohydrates into smaller ones.
- Invertase: Breaks down sucrose into glucose and fructose.
- Lactase: Breaks down milk sugar into its component sugars, glucose and galactose.
- Maltase: Breaks down maltose into glucose.
- Pectinase: A plant enzyme that breaks down indigestible carbohydrates, such as pectin, found in fruits and vegetables.
- Xylanase: Breaks down the difficult to digest carbohydrates in wheat, oats, and barley.
Why did you change the formula?
We primarily changed the formula because two of the main ingredients, Berberine (now in the form of GlucoVantage) and ALA were a much better fit in MorphoDRIVE compared to MorphoPRIME.
Switching from regular Berberine HCl to GlucoVantage gave us the ability to create a 3 capsule serving size due to the smaller dose required.
Why do some of my capsules have an uneven fill volume? Does this mean they aren’t dosed properly?
During the production process, various excipients are utilized to ensure the proper amount of active ingredients flows into each capsule.
Due to the varied materials and densities of these excipients (as well as the active ingredients), capsules are filled by weight and not by volume. This is basically the same way you’d find food in boxes and bags at the grocery store that is “Filled by weight not by volume, some settling may occur”.
Unlike the food industry, the supplement industry has a more tightly regulated fill tolerance. Our manufacturers have an internal fill tolerance of + - 5%, and capsules are weighed to make sure they consistently fall in that range to meet specifications.
Basically, some capsules have the powders packed down, others have it loosely filled, but overall they meet the industry leading specifications for dosing tolerance.