- Gamma Aminobutyric Acid is the chief inhibitory neurotransmitter which plays a critical role in the sedative and depressive functions of the brain, and has been positively associated with the regulation of the sleep-wake cycle.
- Users often report an increase in dreaming intensity and duration.
- Supplementation has shown a 5.5 fold increase in plasma growth hormone levels 90 minutes after GABA administration.
- Common dosing is 2,000-5,000mg, with users reporting mild side effects such as tingling/flushing on the head and extremities with higher doses.
- MorphoREM contains a very efficacious but tolerable 3,000mg dose per serving.
- Skullcap is rich in a compound called Baicalein, which is a potent GABAA receptor activator.
- Elicits relaxing, sedative, hypnotic, and anti-anxiety effects.
- Increases deep sleep as well as REM sleep.
- Valeriana officinalis, also known as valerian root, is an herbal tea and supplement ingredient commonly used for its sedative and anxiety-reducing effects.
- Users often report having an easier, faster time falling asleep as well as an increase in sleep quality, primarily by enhanced GABA signaling.
- Shown to have similar sleep enhancing effects as prescription drugs but with less side effects.
- MorphoREM contains 500mg Valerian root extract per serving.
- Withania somnifera, commonly known as Ashwagandha, is an herb that is known to be an adaptogen. It reduces cortisol (the stress hormone), increases testosterone levels and reduces stress-induced side effects.
- Sensoril® is an Ashwagandha extract that is backed by several randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled human clinical trials and is more commonly known as a more relaxing and sedative form of Ashwagandha.
- Significantly reduces the immunosuppressive effect of stress.
- Improves physical performance.
- Reduces low-density Lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol.
- MorphoREM contains the research supported dose of 450mg Sensoril® Ashwagandha per serving.
- 5-hydroxytryptophan increases brain serotonin levels, which is one of the principal neurotransmitters involved in happiness and anti-depression. Its actions are more 'euphoric' or happiness inducing rather than stimulatory. 5-HTP has also been shown to increase satiety after a meal.
- A typical dose of 5-HTP is in the range of 300-500mg, taken either once daily or in divided doses. Taking too much 5-HTP or other serotonin boosting supplements can cause serotonin syndrome, or serotonin toxicity, so it is wise to supplement with the lower end of the efficacious dosing.
- MorphoREM contains a potent but safe 300mg 5-HTP per serving.
- The relaxing amino acid found in tea, theanine promotes relaxation without sedation; it helps you stay calm without making you tired or drowsy.
- Reduces stress and improves attention.
- Theanine helps take off the ‘edge’ of many stimulants, and a synergistic effect is seen when coupled with caffeine in promoting cognition and attention.
- Theanine is commonly dosed between 100-200mg prior to activity and higher doses for relaxation and stress reduction.
- MorphoREM contains 300mg L-Theanine per serving.
- Melatonin is a hormone secreted in the brain that regulates sleep. The primary use of melatonin as a supplement is to normalize abnormal sleep patterns.
- Other benefits of melatonin include general neuroprotective and beneficial eye health effects, as melatonin is a powerful antioxidant.
- Melatonin is not associated with negative feedback (when taking supplementation causes your body to produce less of a hormone). It is also not addictive, and is not toxic.
- For regulating the sleep cycle, doses between 500mcg (0.5mg) and 5mg seem to work.
- MorphoREM contains 5mg Melatonin per serving.
What's different with the new formula?
We focused more on GABA signaling with this formula to elicit even greater deep sleep and REM sleep cycles.
Why do some of my capsules have an uneven fill volume? Does this mean they aren’t dosed properly?
During the production process, various excipients are utilized to ensure the proper amount of active ingredients flows into each capsule.
Due to the varied materials and densities of these excipients (as well as the active ingredients), capsules are filled by weight and not by volume. This is basically the same way you’d find food in boxes and bags at the grocery store that is “Filled by weight not by volume, some settling may occur”.
Unlike the food industry, the supplement industry has a more tightly regulated fill tolerance. Our manufacturers have an internal fill tolerance of + - 5%, and capsules are weighed to make sure they consistently fall in that range to meet specifications.
Basically, some capsules have the powders packed down, others have it loosely filled, but overall they meet the industry leading specifications for dosing tolerance.