- Cluster Dextrin® is a low glycemic, highly branched cyclic dextrin (HBCD), which has a high molecular weight and ultra-low osmolality.
- Highly soluble and promotes fast gastric emptying, virtually eliminating any gastric distress often associated with traditional carbohydrate powders or sports drinks.
- Maintains a slow release that delivers smooth, constant energy and replenishes muscle glycogen stores without spiking blood sugar levels.
- Improves time to exhaustion by 70%.
- Reduces stress response to exercise, increasing performance and enhancing recovery.
- HEXAGEN contains 10,000mg Cluster Dextrin® per serving.
- Ribose (D-Ribose) is a simple, five-carbon sugar found naturally in the body that plays a role in the production of energy intermediates, DNA, and RNA.
- Increases ATP production more than traditional supplemental carbohydrates, leading to increased performance and decreased fatigue.
- Beneficial effects seen in cardiac tissue if consumed before, during and after exercise.
- HEXAGEN contains 10,000mg D-Ribose per serving.
- Dextrose (D-Glucose) is the simplest carbohydrate available, often called the “quick energy” fuel.
- Requires no digestion and causes a rapid spike in insulin and blood glucose, assisting with nutrient uptake.
- Small amounts of dextrose in combination with other carbohydrates during exercise can help keep prevent hypoglycemia, or low blood sugar levels.
- HEXAGEN contains 5,000mg Dextrose per serving.
- Palatinose ® (Isomaltulose) is a functional carbohydrate with a unique combination of physiological properties, which distinguish it from sucrose and other traditional sugars.
- Improves fat oxidation during physical activity.
- Prolongs energy supply.
- Low glycemic; less dips in blood sugar levels.
- HEXAGEN contains 5,000mg Palatinose® per serving.
- A non-protein amino acid that is involved in the reduction of ammonia build-up during prolonged exercise.
- Decreases fatigue and increases exercise performance, lean mass and power output.
- Increases plasma L-Citrulline levels which increases Nitric Oxide (NO) and vasodilation.
- Oral supplementation of Ornithine HCL is in the range of 2,000-6,000mg daily, however, higher doses may cause gastrointestinal distress.
- HEXAGEN contains 2,000mg Ornithine HCL per serving.
Sodium + Potassium Citrate
- Sodium and potassium are crucial electrolytes lost during exercise.
- Both play vital roles in fluid balance, energy production, and muscle contraction.
- Citrate salts increase solubility and show increased performance benefits compared to other forms of electrolyte salts.
- HEXAGEN provides nearly 4 times as much sodium and potassium as leading sports drinks, containing 1,500mg combined sodium and potassium citrate (providing 375mg sodium and 240mg potassium) per serving.
Why did you change the formula?
There were several issues with the previous formula that made it a logistical nightmare.
We were already making very little profit on this product. Due to the escalating supply chain delays, raw materials costs, and increased shipping and freight charges happening all over the world, the new production costs of the old version make it literally impossible to continue to produce.
Feedback from most users also suggested that they valued the product more for its carbohydrate blend, ease of digestion, and electrolytes vs. some of the other ingredients, so we decided to beef up that aspect as much as possible.
The new version is MUCH easier to scoop, doesn't have the subtle yet off-putting flavor that some users reported, doesn't present any of the clumping issues, and doesn't cause any gastric distress even with multiple scoops.
Overall the new formula is much better for its intended purpose!