*NOTE: Emodin as a raw material has been known to cause increased gut motility, frequency of bowel movements, and varying degrees of GI distress in some users. For most it subsides to tolerable levels in a few days.
- Emodin (from Polygonum Cuspidatum Extract) inhibits the enzyme responsible for the conversion of cortisone into cortisol.
- Elevated cortisol levels for prolonged periods of time have been linked to impaired glucose metabolism, diabetes, obesity, fat gain, hypertension, and a poor lipid panel.
- Emodin inhibits this enzyme significantly in fat tissue, leading to decrease fat accumulation and increased weight and fat loss.
- Decreases insulin resistance, reduces appetite, boosts the immune system, and has anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties.
- Due to poor bioavailability, AstraGin® is added to inhibit glucuronidation, preventing it from being expelled by the body.
- EMODIN contains 300mg of an 80% Emodin extract per serving.
- AstraGin® is a patented blend of highly purified saponins isolated from the Astragalus membranaceous and Panax notoginseng plant.
- Shown to dramatically increase the absorption and bioavailability of a variety of nutrients, such as peptides, amino acids, glucose, vitamins and minerals, phytonutrients, and various sports nutrition supplements.
- Supports the gut ecosystem by providing a favorable microbiome environment.
- Enhances the immune system.
- Recommended daily dose is 50mg per day.
- EMODIN contains 50mg AstraGin® per serving.