*NOTE: Emodin as a raw material has been known to cause increased gut motility, frequency of bowel movements, and varying degrees of GI distress in some users. For most it subsides to tolerable levels in a few days.
- Emodin (from Polygonum Cuspidatum Extract) inhibits the enzyme responsible for the conversion of cortisone into cortisol.
- Elevated cortisol levels for prolonged periods of time have been linked to impaired glucose metabolism, diabetes, obesity, fat gain, hypertension, and a poor lipid panel.
- Emodin inhibits this enzyme significantly in fat tissue, leading to decrease fat accumulation and increased weight and fat loss.
- Decreases insulin resistance, reduces appetite, boosts the immune system, and has anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties.
- Due to poor bioavailability, AstraGin® is added to inhibit glucuronidation, preventing it from being expelled by the body.
- EMODIN contains 300mg of an 80% Emodin extract per serving.
- AstraGin® is a patented blend of highly purified saponins isolated from the Astragalus membranaceous and Panax notoginseng plant.
- Shown to dramatically increase the absorption and bioavailability of a variety of nutrients, such as peptides, amino acids, glucose, vitamins and minerals, phytonutrients, and various sports nutrition supplements.
- Supports the gut ecosystem by providing a favorable microbiome environment.
- Enhances the immune system.
- Recommended daily dose is 50mg per day.
- EMODIN contains 50mg AstraGin® per serving.
Why do some of my capsules have an uneven fill volume? Does this mean they aren’t dosed properly?
During the production process, various excipients are utilized to ensure the proper amount of active ingredients flows into each capsule.
Due to the varied materials and densities of these excipients (as well as the active ingredients), capsules are filled by weight and not by volume. This is basically the same way you’d find food in boxes and bags at the grocery store that is “Filled by weight not by volume, some settling may occur”.
Unlike the food industry, the supplement industry has a more tightly regulated fill tolerance. Our manufacturers have an internal fill tolerance of + - 5%, and capsules are weighed to make sure they consistently fall in that range to meet specifications.
Basically, some capsules have the powders packed down, others have it loosely filled, but overall they meet the industry leading specifications for dosing tolerance.